Sunday, January 13, 2013

Dog on it by Spencer Quinn



I love animals. I have three cats, a goofy German Shepherd, and a turtle with an attitude. What I've never understood is how people survive without pets in their lives. Personally, I think I would come apart at the seems without my pets. Some people have kids, I have cats. And what does this novel have?

This novel has Chet.


Chet is a dog. Not just any dog, but a dog that has been through canine police school. He did however fail after a rather unfortunate incident involving a squirrel but that's neither here nor there. Chet still has Bernie and together they are the Little Detective Agency. 

Bernie Little's detective agency gets a contract to find a teenage girl that is a supposed runaway. Chet and Bernie find themselves in a world surrounded by Russian gangsters and dishonest men. Of course, Chet figures out what is going on right off the bat but it takes the slower humans a while to catch up with him. Silly humans.

While our brilliant and furry investigator gets dog napped, finds himself in a cave in, nearly gets put to sleep, and rescues his silly human twice from certain doom you get to share in their joy when they rescue the girl that was stolen from her family because of someone else's poor choices. 

The book itself isn't long but you get quickly pulled into their lives and can't seem to put it down. I give Chet four and a half beggin strips out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment